How UUCC Governs Itself
- UUCC does not answer to a higher authority – we govern ourselves.
- An elected body called the Board of Trustees (“Board”) establishes the general focus and direction of our congregation. It doesn’t handle the details of congregational life.
- An Executive Team (Senior Minister and Executive Director) has the power to decide specifically how the congregation operates.
- The Executive Team delegates parts of the congregational operation to other staff members.
- Groups of lay persons called “Councils” help to coordinate many of the operations and activities of the congregation, and also help the staff do their jobs. The Executive Team and Board sometimes look to Councils for opinions and input.
- The Board monitors the work of the Executive Team to make sure it is following the Board’s directives.
The Details ("UUCC Governance 101")
Links to Governance Resources
- The Org Chart: How the Board, Executive Team, Staff, and Councils work together
- Documents that create UUCC and its form of governance
- Groups associated with governance at UUCC
- Ongoing Governance, including Budget and Ends Monitoring
- Document Archive
Board of Trustees Dates
- Tue. Mar 14, 2017 (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Tue. Apr 11, 2017 (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Tue. May 9, 2017 (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Tue. Jun 13, 2017 (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
Executive Team Dates
Leadership Council Dates
Stewardship Council Dates
Membership Council Dates
RE Council Dates
Communication Council Dates
Music Committee Dates
Nominating Committee Dates
Endowment Board Dates
Budget Cycle Dates