How UUCC Governs Itself
- UUCC does not answer to a higher authority – we govern ourselves.
- An elected body called the Board of Trustees (“Board”) establishes the general focus and direction of our congregation. It doesn’t handle the details of congregational life.
- An Executive Team (Senior Minister and Executive Director) has the power to decide specifically how the congregation operates.
- The Executive Team delegates parts of the congregational operation to other staff members.
- Groups of lay persons called “Councils” help to coordinate many of the operations and activities of the congregation, and also help the staff do their jobs. The Executive Team and Board sometimes look to Councils for opinions and input.
- The Board monitors the work of the Executive Team to make sure it is following the Board’s directives.
The Details ("UUCC Governance 101")
Links to Governance Resources
- The Org Chart: How the Board, Executive Team, Staff, and Councils work together
- Documents that create UUCC and its form of governance
- Groups associated with governance at UUCC
- Ongoing Governance, including Budget and Ends Monitoring
- Document Archive
Board of Trustees Dates
- Wed. Apr 26, 2017 (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Tue. May 9, 2017 (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Tue. Jun 13, 2017 (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
Executive Team Dates
Leadership Council Dates
Stewardship Council Dates
Membership Council Dates
RE Council Dates
Communication Council Dates
- Sun. May 7, 2017 (12:30 PM - 2:30 PM) Please join the UUCC Communication Council for a "Town Hall" to collectively evaluate UUCC's communication effectiveness, and to identify areas of improvement. Every voice is important -- we want to hear from YOU. The results of this discussion will be passed along to UUCC's leadership, so, this is a chance for you to get your opinions and concerns heard. This meeting is a followup to one held in March, 2016, which also evaluated UUCC's communication. We want to identify areas of progress made since that meeting, and to identify areas that need to be improved, along with specific recommendations. A light "grazing" lunch of finger foods will be served. Event location: Sanctuary C.
Music Committee Dates
Nominating Committee Dates
Endowment Board Dates
Budget Cycle Dates