The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia, adhering to the Seventh Principle of the Unitarian Universalist Association—respect the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part—has established the UUCC Climate Crisis (2U4C) Team to explore all possible ways and means to mitigate the effects of climate change and preserve our planet. Contact Mary Rodgers or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 18, 10am – “Environmental Justice” Sunday service
- April 22 – Earth Day!
- April 25, 5pm – Vegetarian Cooking Show! fifth episode via Zoom
- May 2, 11:30am – The Newest Plastics Scam: Chemical “Recycling” Climate Forum (by Pat Hersey)
- June 6, 11:30am – EnROADS Interactive Climate Workshop (by Sara Via)
Vegetarian Cooking Show!
Many science researchers tell us that reining in climate change cannot really happen unless the people of this planet eat a more plant-based diet. To that end, UUCC’s Plant-Rich Diet team has created a Meatless Monday Cookbook and has begun hosting a Vegetarian Cooking show that will air live via Zoom on five Sundays over a 10 week period. All start at 5pm. Registration Required
- February 21 Peanut Stew with Katie Cervi email@example.com
- March 7 Thai Eggplant & Basil Stir Fry with Rice and Cucumber Salad with Ann Smith Reiser firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 21 Crispy Barbequed Tofu with Doug Miller email@example.com
- April 11 Southwestern Posole Stew with Phil Webster firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 25 Forbidden Rice Bali Bowl with Addictive Peanut Sauce with Chris Crandell email@example.com
Annual Climate Meeting
UUCC Climate Crisis Annual Meeting & Call To Action took place via Zoom on November 15, 2020.
Each November, the UUCC Climate Crisis (“2U4C”) steering team takes stock of the past year and plans for the upcoming year. After a brief review of this past pandemic-focused year, we looked ahead to 2021.
This was people’s chance to get involved and help set our direction for 2021! All attendees were given a chance to vote and volunteer for the topics they want to participate in for 2021. We will proceed in 2021 with all topics which get a critical mass of support.