The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia, adhering to the Seventh Principle of the Unitarian Universalist Association—respect the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part—has established the UUCC Climate Crisis (2U4C) Team to explore all possible ways and means to mitigate the effects of climate change and preserve our planet. Contact Mary Rodgers or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 10 – Plastics Subcommittee’s first meeting
- January 17 – Climate Forum: Climate Change and Immigrant Justice Legislation in the Maryland General Assembly
- February 7 – Climate Forum: Topic TBA
- February 10 – The Story of Plastic Film Screening and Panel Discussion
- March 7 – EnROADS Climate Workshop (by Sara Via).
- April 11 – Climate Forum: Consumerism & Over-Consumption
Please join us for climate forums (see above).
Annual Climate Meeting
UUCC Climate Crisis Annual Meeting & Call To Action took place via Zoom on November 15, 2020.
Each November, the UUCC Climate Crisis (“2U4C”) steering team takes stock of the past year and plans for the upcoming year. After a brief review of this past pandemic-focused year, we looked ahead to 2021.
This was people’s chance to get involved and help set our direction for 2021! All attendees were given a chance to vote and volunteer for the topics they want to participate in for 2021. We will proceed in 2021 with all topics which get a critical mass of support.