We are working to apply for Green Sanctuary accreditation from the UUA. The application will include four focus areas:
- Environmental Justice — working with marginalized communities most affected by climate change.
- Worship and Celebration — connecting towards a cleaner, more just & sustainable world.
- Religious Education — shaping & inspiring toward sustainable practices.
- Sustainable Living — using fewer resources & making mindful choices
There is a five-stage process towards accreditation:
- Team Building and Congregational Education
- Congregational Assessment
- Creating an Action Plan
- Applying to be a Green Sanctuary Congregation
- Gaining Green Sanctuary Recognition
On April 13, 2020, we began an environmental justice curriculum, OUR PLACE IN THE WEB OF LIFE. The first session was titled Gratitude for Our Place in the World, and was held via a Zoom meeting (due to COVID-19). Access Presentation