Most of your middle schoolers came Sunday morning instead of the regular evening class, to administer the congregational poll. I heard lots of great comments and discussions each time I checked on the class! I hope your children enjoyed the morning activity!
Here are the questions they used for the poll. Have a family discussion to see which ones each person in your family would choose!
Please choose up to three statements with which you most strongly agree.
- There are probably as many ideas about God as there are people.
- God cares for us and listens to our prayers.
- God and the Universe are the same-God is in everything and everyone.
- There’s no way we can know whether or not there is a God.
- God created the universe and then left it to run itself.
- There’s no such thing as God.
- The word ‘God’ is meaningless.
- God is my conscience calling me to make the world a better place.
- God is present in the relationships among people.
- Creation is on-going, and we are co-creators with God.
- There’s a spark of divinity in each of us.
- We can use science and reason to understand our Universe.
- I find God in nature.
- God is like a loving mother who sustains us and all life.
- My beliefs about Jesus make me feel closer to God.
- The Bible is an historically accurate account of past events.
- There are multiple Gods.
This Sunday, the class will decide how they’ll present their findings to the congregation!