Although our building is closed at least through April, we are open to our community! Join us for online Sunday Worship at 10 am, and our various virtual events and programs.
On this page
- Sunday Worship – Virtual Flower Communion
- Virtual Events & Programs
- Staying-In-Touch Team
- UUCC Contact Quick Reference
- COVID-19 Resources
UUCC leadership—Executive Team, Staff, Board of Trustees, and others—is taking seriously the admonition that now is the time to take active precautions to minimize the spread of the virus in our community, and especially to protect those who are most vulnerable. UUCC’s preparations and decisions are in response to the already-near-certain presence of this novel coronavirus in our midst, coupled with our commitment to maintain connections and our community’s physical health.
Virtual Flower Communion
10 am | Sunday, April 5, 2020
Access our online worship community starting at 9:45 am on Sunday, April 5 by clicking the button below. For technical assistance, email email@example.com.
New to UUCC? Welcome! Thank you for joining us. We invite you to fill out our visitor form so we can connect with you.
Send your Joys & Sorrows to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a worship leader will read them aloud during the service.
Give online: Each Sunday we collect an offering to help sustain our community. As we are meeting virtually, we invite you to give by texting CHALICE to 73256 or go to click the button below.
Watch our March 15, 2020 service
Virtual Events & Programs
We are hosting many of our events and programs virtually. Please refer to our calendar for a full listing of events through April.
Here is a taste for some of the virtual events we hope you’ll join us for:
- Tuesday Social Hour w/Rev. Paige or DRE Robin Slaw: 7 – 8 pm (click here to enter)
- What’s Up Wednesdays for Parents: 12 – 1 pm (click here to enter)
- Thursday Social Hour w/Rev. Paige or DRE Robin Slaw: 12 – 1 pm (click here to enter)
- Friday Drinks w/the DRE for Parents: 8:30 – 9:30 pm (click here to enter)
UUCC’s Staying in Touch Team, which was created in response to COVID-19, started outreach calls in earnest on Friday, March 20. Our team is using various approaches to connect with different communities within UUCC. There are Phone Trees (we need a few more callers), Buddies, and Circles. We are trying to reach out to everyone within the next week. The purpose of these calls is to check in and find out how you’re doing, and to see if we might be able to provide you some support in this time – emotional or practical.
- If you don’t hear from someone from Staying in Touch or one of the UU groups you are active in by Friday, April 3, please contact our Staying in Touch Team: email@example.com.
- If you could use some near-term support (groceries, doctor’s visits, someone to talk to), please email our Karuna Ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- And if you are able to help others in our community (groceries, doctor’s visits, someone to talk to), please email email@example.com. We’d be grateful your support of this community effort, and think you will find it to be meaningful work, too.
Be safe. Let’s all stay connected while we practice the strictest safe physical distancing possible.
UUCC’s Staying in Touch Team
(Laurie Coltri, Ken Crandell, Kim Estell, Ross Martin, Lindsay Thompson & Sara Davidson)
- In-person UUCC (and UUCC-sponsored) events are canceled or being held virtually through at least the end of April.
- Join us for online Sunday worship at 10 am. Access here.
- Religious Education (RE)
- Scheduled field trips for Middle School World Religions and Quest are cancelled
- Middle School World Religions and Quest are meeting via Zoom on Sunday evenings (see the UUCC calendar for Zoom links)
- Family story hour on Tuesdays at 2 pm
- Families should stay tuned for more information about alternative RE plans
- Our Owen Brown Interfaith Center (OBIC) partners Central United Methodist Church and Muslim Family Center have also suspended their gatherings and as of Monday, March 23 the OBIC building is closed.
- The Cradlerock Children’s Center located in OBIC is closed.
* Please check back for information about modified UUCC activities.*
UUCC Contact Quick Reference
- To share Joys & Sorrows in worship: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To receive technical assistance: email@example.com
- To volunteer with or receive relational support from the Stay-In-Touch team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need practical support (e.g. groceries, prescription pick-up, doctor’s appointments, etc.) please email our Karuna Ministry: email@example.com.