Dinner and Drive Time Tips
- Talk to your youth about October’s monthly theme: “What does it mean to be a people of courage?” Share how your understanding of courage has changed over the years. For instance some say that they used to focus on the courage to change to world but now they find themselves more focused on the courage to not let the world change them.
- Ask your youth about Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, the Jewish High Holidays and New Year, and their reflections on apologizing for mistakes.
- Make time to listen to one of these talks about courage:
- The Courage to Stop Hiding Your Pain & Vulnerability – TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/ash_beckham_we_re_all_hiding_something_let_s_find_the_courage_to_open_up
- The Courage to be Emotionally Correct Not Just Correct – -TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/sally_kohn_let_s_try_emotional_correctness/up-next?autoplay=true