- Ask your youth to share their favorite part of the visit.
- Reflect with them on your own experiences with and understanding of Black Churches.
- Last week, we talked about the role that the Black Church has played in helping oppressed people remember that “I am somebody.” We watched Jesse Jackson embody this famous message. Spend some time revisiting that video and message yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVwT3j_zqY
- We also invite you to watch this powerful spoken word poem about what it takes to sustain a strong sense of self-worth and self-beauty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgwzHkkPZbw
- Take some time this week and use both of these videos to reflect on your own struggle to sustain your self-worth and beauty. How is life calling you to lean more deeply into this work? How is life inviting you to help others around you this week lean into their own self-worth?