The UUCC community is invited to participate in the upcoming online Jubilee Three Anti-Racism Training: Learning Together About Systemic Racism.
Do you wish to deepen your understanding of how race and ethnicity play out in our institutions and our daily lives? Are you ready to take a leading role to nurture a multicultural future in the face of opposing cultural currents? If so, please attend!
Please note all times listed below are Eastern.
- Friday, April 30: 6pm to 9pm with a break from 7:15-7:30pm
- Saturday, May 1: 9am to 8:30pm with a 30 minute break at 10:30am, 2 hour meal break from 12:30-2:30pm and a 30 minute break at 4pm and a 30 minute break at 6:30pm
- Sunday, May 2: 12pm to 6pm with a 1 hour break at 2pm and a 30 minute break at 4:30pm
The training includes presentations, discussions, videos, exercises, and small group work. This 2 ½ day workshop is open to anyone who wants to journey toward making a stand against racism. All are welcome.
- To develop a shared analysis of racism and its individual, institutional, and cultural manifestations, and
- To begin to apply this common understanding to the history, culture, and institutional structure of our society, and to envision the next steps in taking action.
- The history of racism and resistance to racism in the Americas
- Defining racism
- The effects of racism on people of color and on white people
- Dismantling racism
- Claiming and shaping an anti-racist identity
Trainers are Paula Cole Jones, Dr Leon Spencer, and Lutricia Callair.
Cost & Registration
Registration is limited to 70 participants, so sign up today! The cost is $160 per participant, and additional members of the same household can receive a 50% discount.
For more information contact please contact Paula Cole Jones at email@example.com.