Our Whole Lives K/1 is an eight-session curriculum designed to help kindergarten and first-grade children gain the knowledge, life principles, and skills they need to express their sexuality in life-enhancing ways. The cornerstone of this program is the belief in the inherent worth and dignity of each person.
The Our Whole Lives class is open to students in kindergarten and first grade, and will run from January through March on Sundays from 12 to 1pm.
Important Details about Our Whole Lives
- At least one parent and your student must attend the MANDATORY Parent/Child Orientation meeting, held on Sunday, February 27, from 12 to 2pm in person at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia. Parents are required to sign a permission form in order for their child to participate in the class. The orientation is for parents and your kindergarten or first-grade child.
- Weekly classes will meet on Sundays from 12 to 1pm. A complete class schedule will be distributed at the parent orientation; the draft schedule is attached.
- Classes will start promptly at 12 noon. Students are expected to be on time.
- Regular class attendance is required. The success of this program depends on a community that is built through regular attendance. Honest discussion of sensitive subjects requires that the students feel comfortable and trustful with each other.
- We will follow UUCC Covid safety policies, wearing masks for class and maintaining distance between all people in the room. All teachers are vaccinated.
- This year we are field testing a brand new edition of the curriculum!
For more information, please connect with the Director of Religious Education, Robin Slaw: firstname.lastname@example.org.