Join UUCC staff member Sara Davidson for a drop-in reflection group on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, October 2023 – June 2024, 6:30 to 8:30pm on Zoom. No registration or monthly commitment to this group is required; simply show up as you’re interested and available each month to discuss the monthly theme together!
february theme & questions
If one really wishes to know how justice is administered in a country, one does not question the policemen, the lawyers, the judges, or the protected members of the middle class. One goes to the unprotected — those, precisely, who need the law’s protection most! — and listens to their testimony.
— James Baldwin
February’s Soul Matters theme is justice and equity. During our time together we will explore the following questions, as time allows. Each person will be offered space to share their thoughts and feelings on each question. Participants are invited to share with depth as they are comfortable doing so.
- What was your first moment of fighting injustice?
- How do you differentiate between justice and equity? And why does that distinction matter?
- What have you learned about the relationship between anger and justice work?
- With the enormity of injustice looming, what enables you to hold onto hope?
- What have you learned about balancing the competing desires to save and savor the world?
about reflection groups
Soul Matters Reflection Groups offer an opportunity to connect with your spirit and develop meaningful relationships with UUCCers outside of Sunday mornings. Members of our UUCC community are encouraged to consider participating in one or leading one.
Want to chat about Reflection Groups? About what they’re like? About maybe leading or co-leading one? Connect with staff member Sara Davidson: email@example.com.