The Group Relations Workshop (GRW) Committee and Reverend Paige Getty will host a conflict resolution session on Tuesday, June 21, 2022 from 6pm to 9pm, facilitated by Brian Bloch and Will Tansey. All members of UUCC are welcome to attend.
In order to satisfy both the needs for direct discussion and inclusion of all who want to participate, the session will be “hybrid” format — with options for in-person (OBIC) and Zoom attendance.
- The meeting will follow what is known as a Fish Bowl method, which is a strategy that enables facilitation of larger groups by focusing on the discussion of issues by a smaller “Discussion Circle”.
- The Discussion Circle needs to be small enough to enable meaningful discussion and will be in-person at OBIC. However, to increase the opportunity for more people to make a comment or ask a question, attendees at OBIC may request permission to enter the Discussion Circle, whereupon someone else steps out.
- Participants on Zoom will be able to listen, observe, and submit comments and questions to the host who will provide them to the facilitator working with the Discussion Circle.
- One of the critical factors to the success of the Fish Bowl format is making sure that enough viewpoints are represented in the Discussion Circle dialog, so that most, if not all, members feel that they are being represented in the discussion. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to be in or join the in-person Discussion Circle, please complete this nomination form right away because we will need to start reviewing nominations on Friday.
- If a follow-up session is needed, it will be held on Wednesday, June 22 at 6pm.
If you have questions or suggestions, please email email@example.com. Thank you.