UUCC’s Board of Trustees drafted the following values, mission, and ends for the congregation as part of the Envision UUCC process. Visit the Values, Mission, Ends page to learn about the congregational engagement process and next steps, and to download the Board’s full report.
The people of UUCC share these core values:
Awe and wonder
Growth & transformation
Interdependence & interconnection
UUCC embodies love in action. We:
Act for justice
The people of UUCC:
- Grow in spiritual depth, connect to awe and wonder, and nurture one another in the art of being human.
- Deepen our Unitarian Universalist identity, teach it to our children, and share it with the world.
- Strengthen relationships and cultivate an ever-wider circle of participation and leadership at UUCC.
- Build a diverse, multicultural Beloved Community where BIPOC*, LGBTQ+**, and other marginalized communities find respite from racism and other oppressions.
- Care for one another in times of joy, sorrow, transition, and need.
- Foster engagement and strengthen relationships within the Owen Brown Interfaith Center, Owen Brown community, and Howard County community.
- Engage intersectional justice work as a faith practice led by and in relationship with people and organizations who are most affected.
- Dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves, our institutions, and the broader community.
- Mitigate the increasing impacts of climate change and environmental injustice.
- Reduce the effects of poverty including food insecurity and housing insecurity.
*BIPOC = Black, Indigenous, People of Color
** LGBTQ+ = lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning + other sexualities and non-binary genders