Legacy Giving – Providing for and helping to sustain the values and mission of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia while making sound financial decisions for yourself and your family.
The UUCC Endowment Fund is a permanent source of financial capital that grows and produces income for UUCC, ensuring that our congregation is financially healthy and able to continue its work for decades to come. It provides a lasting legacy through appreciation of investments.
Margaret Odell Society
The Margaret Odell Society recognizes UUCC members and friends who make legacy gifts to the UUCC Endowment Fund. A legacy gift is a designation of the Endowment Fund in an individual’s will, trust, investments, or accounts. Margaret Odell, who served as UUCC minister from 1979-1982, then as UUCC minister emerita, profoundly impacted the growth of UUCC.
Gifts to the Endowment Fund can be made in a number of ways, including:
- Ongoing or one-time gifts of cash or property (such as securities)
- Gifts by will or trust
- Retirement and investment accounts
- Insurance policies
- Gifts through the Unitarian Universalist Association’s planned giving programs
The UUCC Endowment Board, elected by the members of the congregation, is charged with growing the Endowment Fund through:
- Wise investments and management of the Endowment Fund, including socially responsible funds and indexed mutual funds.
- Education and outreach to UUCC members and friends as we build personal and UUCC legacies.
For more information, contact the Endowment Board, or the Executive Director at the UUCC office at 410-381-0097. Legacy Board members are Jill Christianson, Jennie Fitzpatrick, Suzanne Henig, Scotty Scott, and Gregory Seidman.
Please click HERE to download a PDF containing the full Legacy Giving Information.