Providing for and helping to sustain the values and mission of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia while making sound financial decisions for yourself and your family.
About the UUCC Endowment Fund
The Endowment Fund is a permanent source of financial capital that grows and produces income for UUCC today and ensures that our congregation is financially healthy and able to continue its work for decades to come. It provides a lasting legacy through appreciation of investments.
How It Works
The objective of the Endowment Fund is to generate a long-term return while growing the principal. Donations to the Endowment Fund are invested in indexed mutual funds and socially responsible investment funds with low expense ratios. Each year a percentage of the Fund is distributed to UUCC’s annual operating budget. Only the income and appreciation of the Fund is used for the distribution, which protects the original dollar value (principal) of each donation.
Curious on the status of our Endowment Fund?
Stay up-to-date on the realtime value of our Endowment Fund by clicking here.
Margaret Odell Society
The Margaret Odell Society recognizes UUCC members and friends who make legacy gifts to the UUCC Endowment Fund. A legacy gift is a designation of the Endowment Fund in an individual’s will, trust, investments, or accounts. Margaret Odell, who served as UUCC minister from 1979 – 1982, then as UUCC minister emerita, profoundly impacted the growth of UUCC.
Gifts to the Endowment Fund
Gifts can be made in a number of ways, including:
- Ongoing or one-time gifts of cash or property (such as securities)
- Gifts by will or trust
- Retirement and investment accounts
- Insurance policies
- Gifts through the Unitarian Universalist Association’s planned giving programs
Endowment Board members include:
- Julie Boughn (Term ends 6/30/2023)
- Graham Getty (Term ends 6/30/2022)
- Sessy Hazzard (Term ends 6/30/2022)
- Charles (“Scotty”) Scott (Term ends 6/30/2024)
- Jenny Bonilla (Term ends 6/30/2024)
The UUCC Endowment Board, elected by the members of the congregation, is charged with growing the Endowment Fund through:
- Wise investments and management of the Endowment Fund, including socially responsible funds and indexed mutual funds.
- Education and outreach to UUCC members and friends as we build personal and UUCC legacies.