There is an overwhelming amount of information in our world that is flowing at us on the multiple devices we use 24/7. In an effort to streamline and simplify any official UUCC-related information – so it’s easier to share and easier to find – the Executive Team has developed the following guidelines.
- UUCC has two primary, official vehicles for communication: the website and the Order of Service (printed Sunday program).
- If you are either sharing information or seeking information, the first place to go is the website. Not the Yahoo group, not the Facebook page. The website. Always.
- If it’s an event you are posting or looking for information about (concerts, potlucks, meetings), it should be posted as an Event. If it is program-related information that you are sharing or seeking (RE class descriptions, food insecurity needs, Board minutes), then it should be posted on the appropriate Program Page (or sub-page).
- In most cases, there will likely also be a LINK article that is pushed to the community via email and directs readers to the source where more details are located (the Event or Page).
- Once an event or program is created on the website, it may also be distributed to targeted groups via email and other media.
- Need to post an Event or Program information and don’t know how? Contact ‘Chon Cottman in the UUCC office.
- The UUCC Yahoo! Group and Facebook group function primarily to build community. Anyone who is a member of the UUCC community may ask to join these closed groups. Note that these groups are for members to interact and communicate with each other – they are not places where we post official UUCC business. Members may share information about UUCC business there, but should not expect these groups to be used as official communication channels for the congregation.
- The congregation’s public Facebook page is for special UUCC news, events, or reflections that may be of interest to people beyond UUCC. It is not where one would share or seek information about an RE class, the Auction, items to bring for Hands On Sunday, etc.
- UUCC also has a presence on a number of other social media outlets such as Instagram, Twitter, Next Door, and Meet Up. Our aim is for those to largely mirror the public Facebook page.