If you have already read the information below, please click here to register for worship on September 26. Otherwise, please read all of the information below prior to registering.
With excitement and caution, the UUCC leadership will continue to welcome a limited number of worshipers into Sanctuary C for service on Sundays at 10am. Advance registration is required. So, please read this message thoroughly and then use the link at the end of the message to register yourself and family members for in-person seats.
When we started this planning process in June, public health conditions in Howard County and the United States were very different than they are now. Through hours of discussion, planning, adjusting, testing, and planning some more, we have developed a set of policies and practices that respects those changing conditions and promotes the safety of every person in our community.
Parameters for In-Person Worship
Therefore, beginning with the 10am service on Sunday, September 12, in-person worship will resume within the following parameters.
- The service will continue to be accessible virtually via Zoom.
- In-person attendance will be limited to a maximum of 60 congregants in Sanctuary C.
- In-person Religious Education (RE) for children in PreK through 5th grade will be limited to 20 children. Please see below for more details about RE, including virtual options and opportunities for older children.
- Masks are required for all persons in the Owen Brown Interfaith Center, regardless of vaccination status. Our worship leaders, who are all vaccinated, may remove their mask only when speaking at a microphone.
- In Sanctuary C chairs will be set up socially distanced. Household groups may pull chairs together.
- As long as a volunteer host is available, virtual coffee hour will continue via Zoom.
- There will be no food or drink served at OBIC. However, in-person attendees may socialize after service in Sanctuary C.
- In the interest of congregational well-being, anyone who feels unwell will stay home, even if they signed up for an in-person seat.
Regarding Religious Education
Religious Education (RE) programming is also adapting to changing conditions. On Sunday mornings, children in PreK through 5th grade who have reserved an in-person seat will be invited to attend the first part of worship in the sanctuary. After the Time for All Ages, they will move outside for masked RE that will include a short Family Worship of 20 minutes. Additionally, this Family Worship will be offered via Zoom immediately following the service every Sunday.
We also will offer in-person RE options for middle and high school students, subject to guidelines established by the UUCC Regathering Task Force. Families should already have received information about world religions classes for 6th and 7th grade students; Our Whole Lives (OWL) for 8th and 9th grade; and Quest (Coming of Age) and OWL for high school students.
For questions about religious education for any age children or youth—or if your family did not receive the communications mentioned above—please contact Robin Slaw, Director of RE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other regathering questions, please email Sean Griffin, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Thank you for being part of our community. We look forward to seeing you!