UUCC meets at the Owen Brown Interfaith Center in the Owen Brown Village Center of Columbia, Maryland. You’ll often hear us lovingly refer to the building as “OBIC.”
The Interfaith Center is located at 7246 Cradlerock Way, Columbia, MD 21045. Your GPS will likely have you turn off of Cradlerock Way between a McDonald’s and a gas station. After you turn, keep going past the gas station, and you’ll see a two-story building with red brick, grey concrete siding, and tall stained-glass windows.
There are two different entrances. One downstairs, underneath the tall stained-glass window. And one to the left of that, up the hill, by a playground and rock garden. There is plenty of parking near both entrances, though there are many more spots near the lower entrance.
The accessible parking is in the upper parking lot.
Right now, we ask that everyone enter through the upper entrance doors. The lower entrance is locked on Sunday mornings.
Interested in joining us for worship?
Here’s your step-by-step guide for how to find us!
- Park in one of the visitor parking spots reserved for you near the upper doors next to the playground.
- Walk past the rock garden and into the upper doors.
- Keep going down the long hallway. There will be restrooms to your right, and you’ll pass Sanctuary A on your left.
- There will be a round table with a sign on it that says “Welcome to UUCC! Please sign in here”
- Please sign in with your name and email address for your household. Only one person from your household needs to sign in!
- Our greeters will be excited to meet you. If this is your first time here, please stop by the welcome table to fill out a visitors form so we can stay in touch!
- Stop by the nametag table and make a nametag for yourself! There are stickers, markers, pens, and other fun items for you to really make your nametag your own.
- Rev. Paige Getty, our senior minister, typically greets people here in the lobby.
- We worship in Sanctuary C. Please sit wherever you like, and feel free to move the chairs around so you can be comfortable. Our ushers are ready to help.
- Inside Sanctuary C, you’ll see a table to your right with a notebook and a basket. Some people choose to share the joys and concerns in their life with the UUCC community by writing them in this notebook. We take time to read them aloud during worship every Sunday morning. The basket is for collecting any financial contributions you choose to give, if you feel led.
- If you need a hearing assist device, please tell one of our ushers or stop by the tech booth. The tech booth is to your left when you enter Sanctuary C. Our amazing tech team will help you get set up.
- Worship begins at 10AM. Prelude music begins before the service around 9:45AM, and there will be a slideshow with a centering thought and other announcements. The service typically ends by 11:15AM and is followed by postlude music. Click here to learn about this Sunday’s service.
- After the service is over, come to the UUCC bookstore and browse new and used finds! The bookstore is located in Sanctuary B, right next door to the room where worship took place. Feel free to chat with others in Sanctuary B. We call this time after the service “social hour.”