Hello Middle School Parents,
Our middle school students (grades 6, 7, and 8) are invited to join in setting up, serving, and cleaning up dinner for our Warm Welcome Shelter families on Saturday, December 8th. Please have them sign up here:
Other congregational members will be helping provide food; this will be a labor of love for our neighbors less fortunate than ourselves. To volunteer, each youth must also commit to attending a volunteer training session. Robin is arranging for Dana Sohr to spend some time in class, hopefully on December 2nd. Here are other opportunities:
- We have general orientations(45 minutes) scheduled for:
- Saturday, Dec. 1 at 9 am – Room 170 (Music Room)
- Saturday, Dec. 1 at 10 am – Room 170 (Music Room)
- Sunday, Dec. 2 at 12:30 pm – Room 150 (Conference Room)
- Sunday, Dec. 2 at 6 pm – Room 221 (Chapel)
Background: Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center partners during cold-weather months with county congregations to provide housing, food, and transportation to homeless citizens of our county. We need your help to provide a warm welcome to shelter guests at Owen Brown Interfaith Center.
For more information or to volunteer as a parent, please click here!
Thank you for considering a volunteer role at the Warm Welcome Shelter!