Dear RE Parents,
Please consider contributing to our wonderful UUCC community by offering an event at our annual auction. It’s a great way to make new friends!
Lauren Haywood sent some suggestions for family friendly events. See one of the auction coordinators on Sundays to submit an event.
- BUBBLEOSITY picnic in your back yard with giant bubble games for small children
- POOL PARTIES! go to https://www.columbiaassociation.org/facilities/pools/pool-parties/
- SPLASH DOWN same as above
- ICE SKATING party https://www.columbiaassociation.org/facilities/columbia-ice-rink/
- TRIP TO THE NEW COLUMBIA ROBINSON NATURE FACILITY NEAR 32 on Cedar Lane https://www.howardcountymd.gov/Robinson
- WINGS OF FANCY BUTTERFLY GARDEN https://www.montgomeryparks.org/parks-and-trails/brookside-gardens/wings-fancy-live-butterfly-caterpillar-exhibit/
I love Brookside gardens and its butterfly display that runs April to the middle of September. It’s beautiful, educational and fun when the butterflies land on your head.This facility sits amid a beautiful garden setting and right next door to Wheaten Regional Park.
- Wheaten Regional Adventure Park has LARGE SLIDES and more. They also have a train and picnic areas. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR YOUNG CHILDREN http://themeanestmomma.com/play-space-review/wheaton-regional-park-adventure-playground-wheaton-md/
- Blue Berry Picking at Laryland Farm http://www.pickyourown.com/todays-harvest/fruit-harvest-schedule/ Schedule a trip to Laryland for Berry picking in June. Small kids can reach the lower branches of the blue berry bushes and most will love the experience.
- Picnic at Patapsco State Park off Rt 1 Elkridge
- ORGANIZE A Bicycle Rodeo for middle age kids (use your imagination) or go to http://www.bike.cornell.edu/pdfs/Bike_Rodeo_404.2.pdf