- Talk to your youth about the 8 practices of welcoming and how they might use them in their visit to the Baltimore Basilica.
- Remind youth to bring an offering. A donation of $5.00 is suggested for the tour, and an additional small amount of a dollar or two would be appropriate for the offertory.
- Remind the youth about any dress requirements: neat and clean clothing.
- Ask your youth to share their favorite part of the visit.
- Reflect with them on your own experiences with and understanding of Christianity. Be sure to talk about how your understanding and attitudes have changed over the years. Be sure to model a gracious spirit and talk about what you appreciate about Christianity.
- Dive more deeply into our theme of belonging, by carving out meditative time to watch and reflect on this Christian video from The Art of Examen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7-0DAMLZr0. Use the questions lifted up in the video for further meditation throughout the week on what your attention belongs to: How has your sense of purpose overtaken your prioritization of people? Have you become too important to be “interruptible”? Too busy to entertain angels unaware? While it’s not from our religious perspective, the video remains a powerful invitation to think more intentionally about what our attention belongs to and how we are a “People of Belonging.”
Have you let us know if your child is attending? https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e44abac2aa3f49-world2
Thanks for signing up for snacks and assisting in class! Don’t forget, Sunday morning is the field trip to the Baltimore Basilica (10:45 Mass, Walk-up tour at 12 noon, 409 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 ). Sunday evening we still have class!