Are you ready to answer the difficult questions your children will ask? Have you thought about how to communicate your values around sexuality? Do you have unhealthy sexual scripts lingering from the messages you received from your family and friends? Are you helping raise children who are curious?
Join Rev. Paige Getty and Robin Slaw, DRE for a workshop series, Parents and Caregivers as Sexuality Educators, starting October 1st. More information on our website: https://uucolumbia.net/adult-religious-education-2020-2021/
The information and attitudes that adults share with their children—intentionally or by default—carry extraordinary power. It is a power that many adults struggle to wield effectively and confidently. Often, their own experiences, perspectives, and worries get in the way. Join us for Parents and Caregivers as Sexuality Educators, a new program is to help parents and caregivers to get comfortable with sexuality topic discussions with their children. These sessions invite you to find support and courage with one another.
- (mandatory) Hopes and Concerns for Kids’ Sexual Health
- (mandatory) Communication: How Do We Talk about Sex?
- Gender Identity: Exploring Emotions around Gender
- Sexual Orientation: Supporting Self-Discovery
- Relationships: Guiding with Wisdom
- Sexual Health: Be a Trusted Source
- Decision Making: Ready, Set, Let Go!
- Consent: Building Healthy Boundaries
- Social Media: Integrity in a Changing World
- Pornography: It’s Not Sex Ed
I hope you will consider joining us! Registration information can be found here: https://uucolumbia.net/adult-religious-education-2020-2021/