Sometimes UUs just wanna have fun! Come one, come all, to UUCC’s big celebration of fun and fellowship, THE ANNUAL AUCTION! Attending, bidding on, and donating to our Auction is a great way to support UUCC, support our community, and build your social calendar.
What’s the plan this year?
Due to the pandemic, this year’s auction will take place completely ONLINE from January 23 to February 6, 2021. Donations are made using a new online form while bidding on items is done through a commercial software package called Bid Beacon. Participation in the auction is completely free, so don’t hesitate to register now through Bid Beacon. You’ll be able to browse through what’s on offer whenever is convenient to you, tag the items you especially want to follow, and become familiar with the bidding process before the actual bidding starts.
The Guidebook to the 41st Annual UUCC Auction is here (see button link below). In it, you will find an auction schedule, a guide for using Bid Beacon, a quick reference for auction items, and a schedule of when auction events occur. It’s an indispensable companion for auction participants.
Follow these directions to register on Bid Beacon or follow the directions in the Auction Guidebook (updated 1/21/2021). Bid Beacon works on phones (iOS and Android), tablets, PCs, and Macs.
- On your first time connecting to Bid Beacon (BB), you will have to register an account.
- Click or tap here to register or join the auction. Note on this page there are separate buttons for registering or joining the auction. There are also separate buttons to connect via iOS and Android phones and tablets, and via web browsers (computer). If asked to enter a code for the auction, UUCC’s auction code is V6HDM9.
- BB gives you the option of registering via Facebook, Google, or email. We recommend using the email option. Please use the address that we know you by in UUCC’s Realm database.
- BB should recognize your account on subsequent visits to the site and take you directly to BB’s homepage. If you have already joined the UUCC 41st Auction, you will see it listed. Click or tap on “View Items” to enter the auction. If you have not yet joined our auction, then type in “V6HDM9” in the field just above the “Join Auction” button and tap the button.
- For more information, with illustrations, about registering, connecting to an auction, and bidding on items see these two Bid Beacon resources: Bid Beacon Quick Start Guide (pdf) and Bid Beacon FAQs.
What’s our fundraising goal?
We have a goal of raising at least $25,000, and with your help we would love to double it! If you have questions, please contact us by email anytime at Auction@UUColumbia.net.
The deadline for donations has passed. All donations are viewable now on UUCC’s Bid Beacon auction site. Thank you to all who donated to this year’s auction!
Auction Participants (Donor & Buyer) Pandemic Guidelines
During this pandemic, everyone is at some risk of contracting COVID-19 and, in many cases, one cannot know all the potential sources of a COVID-19 illness. UUCC encourages donors and buyers to engage in best practices for minimizing the spread. Learn how by clicking on the button below.