UUCC convened a Regathering Task Force in March 2021 to serve as an advisory body for planning to gradually resume in-person congregational activities.
The work of the task force began with a congregational survey that collected 136 responses and led to many individual conversations. This process led to a Regathering Plan and FAQs that were presented to the Board of Trustees for consideration at their July 2021 meeting.
With excitement and caution, the UUCC leadership will welcome a limited number of worshipers into Sanctuary C for services beginning Sunday, September 12. Advance registration is required.
Updates to UUCC’s Regathering Plan
At the July Board Meeting, the Board endorsed a Regathering Plan. However, when UUCC published our Regathering Plan, we were celebrating what we thought were the waning days of COVID. At the beginning of July, Howard County was averaging less than one case per 100,000. Positivity, hospitalization, and total cases were similarly low.
Unfortunately, the rise of the Delta Variant has changed conditions in our community. While we have one of the best vaccination rates in our area (70.1% fully, 75.5% +1 dose), the seven-day new case average for Howard County is 8.95 and trending upwards as of mid-August. While that excellent vaccination rate has contributed to ICU and hospitalization rates remaining relatively low, Howard County is now classified by the CDC as an area of substantial transmission.
Recognizing these changed health conditions, striving to serve the needs of the community to be connected in fellowship, and respecting the guidance of health professionals, UUCC had adopted these policy changes effective immediately for all in-person gatherings:
- UUCC will now mandate masks and social distancing for all indoor events.
- In light of the masking requirement, UUCC will not permit food or drink at any indoor event.
- UUCC will only sponsor (allow) groups under 10 to meet in 150 or 170.
- UUCC will only sponsor groups up to 25 in any of the 3 Sanctuaries.
- UUCC will not be accepting new reservations for larger events at this time.
- UUCC will sponsor outdoor events up to 25 people. Larger events are not recommended.
- UUCC recommends masking for outdoor events, but will not require it at this time.
- UUCC requires that outdoor events must provide for appropriate social distancing.
Reservations for both in-person and virtual events should be made through UUCC’s website: https://uucolumbia.net/calendar/scheduling. If you are considering a larger event, please fill out the reservation form as well and the staff will be in touch to discuss your needs.
Regathering Task Force Members
Jodi Brown, Liam Estell, Jen Hayashi, Heidi Schweingruber, Lindsay Thompson, Cindi Wood, Sean Griffin, Executive Director (Executive Team), and Paige Getty, Minister (Executive Team).
Need to reach us?
If you would like to share something with the group, you can email us at email@example.com.