Were you intrigued by the conversations resulting from UUCC’s first round of Beloved Conversations held last year? You can listen to the March 29th service here, if you missed the service. During that service, UUCC members Jenny Afkinich, Ken Walsh, and Colette Gelwicks shared with us the profound impact the conversations had on them.
Are you interested in participating in Beloved Conversations yourself? The Fahs Collaborative has built a virtual pandemic edition for this year, that will run online, sometimes together in virtual groups, sometimes offline doing your own work or responding asynchronously. You can read about the new program here: https://bcvirtual.meadville.edu/. There will be two terms, fall and spring, both different, and you can participate in one or both. Registration has just opened for the fall term!
If you are interested in participating, consider recruiting 4 other people from UUCC to be in your pod. You will need to include their names on your registration. And if we have 10+ or 20+ people registering from UUCC, we could gain a 10% or 20% discount, respectively.
Important Dates for Fall Term 2020
- September 1 – 20: Registration and payment for participation in the Fall Term. A Welcome & Orientation Lesson will be available on the learning platform to those who have registered and paid.
- October 1: The first Lesson drops onto the learning platform for individual study and reflection at your own pace (followed every two weeks by Lessons 2-6).
- Ongoing: Small Group Learning Pod gatherings, every two weeks online
Meaning Making Session Dates
Participants will choose one date/time to attend for each Session (1-4). All times listed are in Eastern Standard Time. Sessions will be partially recorded and posted to the learning platform later.
- Session 1: Sat, Oct 3 at 2:00 – 3:00 pm, or Tu, Oct 6 at 8:00 – 9:00 pm
- Session 2: Th, Oct 22 at 8:00 – 9:00 pm, or Mon, Oct 26 at 2:00 – 3:00 pm
- Session 3: Th, Nov 19 at 8:00 – 9:30 pm, or Sat, Nov 21 at 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Session 4: Th, Dec 3 at 8:00 – 9:30 pm, or Sat, Dec 5 at 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Session 1: Sat, Oct 3 at 2:00 – 3:30 pm, or Tu, Oct 6 at 8:30 – 10:00 pm
- Session 2: Wed, Oct 21 at 8:30 – 10:00 pm, or Sat, Oct 24 at 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Session 3: Sat, Nov 21 at 2:00 – 3:30 pm, or Mon, Nov 23 at 8:30 – 10:00 pm
- Session 4: Wed, Dec 16 at 8:30 – 10:00 pm, or Sat, Dec 19 at 2:00 – 3:30 pm
What are the tentative dates for Spring Term 2021?
- February 1 – 20: Registration and payment for participation in the Spring Term
- Beginning of March: First Lesson drops onto website, Meaning Making Session 1
- Mid-March: First Learning Pod Meetings, Meaning Making Session 2
- Mid-April: Meaning Making Session 3
- Mid-May: Meaning Making Session 4/Spring Term Wrap-Up
- Ongoing: Online Lessons, released every two weeks
- Ongoing: Small Group Learning Pod Meetings, every two weeks