This Sunday, our Spirit Play children learned the story of Ferdinand.
See if your child is able to retell the story for you. Ask some wondering questions, which might help prompt them:
- I wonder how Ferdinand could be happy simply sitting under a tree or smelling flowers?
- I wonder why the other young bulls liked to run and jump and bump their heads together?
- I wonder why Ferdinand’s mother worried about him?
- I wonder if Ferdinand’s mother enjoyed running and jumping or sitting under trees?
- I wonder why the other bulls wanted to fight each other as they grew older?
- I wonder why the men with the funny hats enjoyed bull fighting?
- I wonder what would have happened if Ferdinand did not sit on a bumblebee?
- I wonder if there are times in our own lives when others misread our actions and feelings?
- I wonder how Ferdinand felt when he went out into the ring?
- I wonder if any of us like to fight?
- I wonder if any of us feel like crying when we are mad?
- I wonder if any of us like to sit under trees and smell flowers?
- I wonder what happiness looks for you?