Your children were incredible Superheroes this past Sunday as they packed food for Cradlerock Elementary School. This activity is part of our efforts at UUCC to fight food insecurity.
Are you looking for ways to involve your children in service to the community? Ways to expand your child’s empathy and concern for fellow humans? Here’s your chance! We need lots of help with our various Food Insecurities efforts, and many of these jobs are child and family friendly!
To sign up to help, go here: https://tinyurl.com/shelf-stockers-signup
Here’s the help your family can provide:
- We support over 140 children through our weekend backpack programs at Cradlerock, Stevens Forest, and Talbott Springs Elementary Schools. You can:
- Inventory donated supplies
- Shop for what’s still needed
- Deliver packed bags to the schools
- Our Little Free Pantry empties out three or four times a week most weeks. You can
- Refill the Little Free Pantry from donated supplies
- Our wagons fill up over the week and need to be emptied after Sunday morning donations.
There are more opportunities throughout the month. Read about them on our website! And consider bringing your children to help out!