Switching to Solar Power Made Easy:
Climate change: All of us genuinely want to do something about it and most of us have considered switching our electricity from fossil fuels to solar or wind because this is something we can do that will really help. But we’re busy and it might seem complicated. Well, Phil Webster has created a handy dandy guide to show you just how easy it is to sign up for Solar energy through UUCC’s partner: Neighborhood Sun Community Solar. Just a few steps will do it. Check it out. https://uucolumbia.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/N_Sun-steps.pdf
How does it work? All you have to do is subscribe to solar through Neighborhood Sun, and then you’ll see your electric utility credit your bill with “solar credits” for the amount of electricity that is produced by the solar block to which you signed up. Your utility company will still be delivering your electricity, but now you can say that you get affordable, clean, renewable energy!
With Neighborhood Sun, you can be a part of a shared solar project where you get your electricity from a local solar field right here in Maryland. Once you’re enrolled, Neighborhood Sun will be in charge of communicating the solar energy production to your utility on your behalf. The utility will still be supplying your electricity, but you’ll now see “solar credits” on your bill for the amount of power your “block” of panels produce.
Why Community Solar?
Solar power is the key to a clean energy future. Every day, the sun gives off far more energy than we need to power everything on earth. If you want to make a difference in climate change, here is an important, easy and effective thing you can do. UUCC and Neighborhood Sun have partnered to bring you Community Solar:
- Local, clean, affordable solar—with no equipment to install, or up-front fees!
- f you pay an electric bill, you can subscribe to a solar project in your area.
- Save money! You will save 5% on your electric bill, no matter how it fluctuates.
- Low- and mid-income people save even more.
- Help the planet! Decrease greenhouse gases and boost the economy.
- Support UUCC! When you sign up here, UUCC gets a $50 donation.* *If you sign up with a different URL or website, note UUCC as the partnering org