UU the Vote Action Teams & Board of Education Candidate Virtual Forum
The three areas are:
- Voter Registration & Mobilization
- Election Protection: Countering Voter Suppression
- Values-Based Issue Conversations & Advocacy
Many of us struggle to learn much about the Board of Education choices. Here are two sources which may help:
- Howard County League of Women Voters Guide (see pages 10 to 14): https://bit.ly/2WKET9x.
- Please also note that there will be a virtual Board of Education Candidate Forum on Wednesday, May 20 at 7 pm via Zoom. It is sponsored by the Howard County NAACP with The Council of Elders, The African American Roundtable, and the Wilde Lake High School PTSA. The forum will be moderated by Shelly L. Brown, an attorney and child advocate who has practiced in Maryland and the District of Columbia for 25 years. She is the founder of Common Sense Life Skills program, for adolescent girls. She volunteers at various legal clinics. Ms. Brown is a member of Leadership Howard Premier Class of 2020. She is also the Status of Women’s Chair of The Top Ladies of Distinction, Inc., MCC chapter.
Zoom in to the virtual Board of Education Candidate forum using this link: https://bit.ly/35I39Mo
Call in: +1-301-715-8592
Meeting ID: 845 5543 4631