UUCC’s congregational mission is as follows:
Our mission is to be a vibrant, nurturing and inclusive congregation, enriched by our diversity, shared ministry and love. We inspire spiritual and personal growth for ourselves and our families. We live our values and act with our community to make the world a better place.
To help gauge how we are advancing toward that mission, the UUCC Board of Trustees adopted the below “Ends” in 2011 and a subsequent Board modified them in 2015. Your current Board welcomes your views on how we as a congregation are progressing toward those Ends (listed below). We invite you to click here on the Board’s questionnaire to provide your personal views. Please do so no later than March 7, 2021. Individual answers will be kept confidential. Thank you!
- UUCC exists to provide a connected community of people where members experience a sense of home and family.
- UUCC exists to provide members with opportunities to grow intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually throughout their lives.
- UUCC exists to prepare our children to enter the adult world as independent thinkers with strong moral compasses grounded in the Unitarian Universalist faith tradition.
- UUCC exists to provide stimulating, challenging, and inspirational worship.
- UUCC exists to minister to members in times of need and times of joy.
- UUCC exists to welcome anyone who shares our Unitarian Universalist principles.
- UUCC exists to promote justice, equality, and social responsibility, with special attention to racial justice which intersects with all other justice issues.
- UUCC exists to extend the reach of Unitarian Universalism.