The election is almost here, and here are your final opportunities to help us UU the Vote through phone & text banking! Check out our “Phone Banking is Easy” information at the bottom of this post, and choose the one(s) that work for you!
And, don’t forget to Hold the Date for a possible Protect the Results protest rally in Columbia, MD on Wednesday, Nov 4 at 5pm.
Upcoming Phone Banking Opportunities
- Saturday, Oct 31 (10am EST): MUUSJA calls #OctoberVoters with Minnesota Voices Also: Sunday, Nov 1 at 1pm and Monday, Nov 2 at 10am
- Saturday, Oct 31 (6:30pm EST): Phone Banking to Michigan Voters – Continuing with ROC partners.
- Sunday, Nov 1 (1:30pm EST): Final PA All Hands On Deck: Phonebank with PA Stands Up – Be sure everyone has voted or has a definite plan to vote! Also: Monday, Nov 2 at 1pm.
- Monday, Nov 2 (6pm EST): Final Countdown! November National Call-in to Voters in Florida – UU the Vote & New Florida Majority help make this election happen!
- Monday, Nov 2 (7pm): Final Countdown! November National Call-in to Voters in Wisconsin – UUs across Wisconsin & across the country help make this election happen!
- Saturday, Oct 31 (10am EST): Costume & Text Party with POWER in Philadelphia – UUs join with POWER – Faith in Action interfaith organizing group.
- Sunday, Nov 1 (2pm, EST): Text Bank with CASA in Pennsylvania – Final textbank to mobilize voters!
- Monday, Nov 2 (4:30pm EST): GOTV Textbank with Pennsylvania Stands Up (Central Pennsylvania) – Final textbank to help make sure people have what they need to vote!
Additional Actions in Additional States
- www.uuthevote.org: Click ‘Menu’ & ‘Get Involved’. Training provided. More details are on our UUCC the Vote webpage.
Please email email@example.com.
Phone Banking is Easy
Question: Isn’t phone banking intimidating?
Answer: No! Not at all. Before a phone bank, you’ll receive an exact script to read. Then, an app will automate the calls for you. Since many people screen their calls, the majority of what you’ll be doing is leaving voicemails with voter information. These are non-partisan phone banks, so you’ll simply be providing voters with information on voting access and resources to ensure their voice is heard. These are NOT “sales calls”. Several of the UUCC the Vote members were very anxious about phone banking, but found them to be easy and informative! We hope to see you at our next phone bank!